Tell Gov. Cooper to stop Duke Energy's Climate-Wrecking Fracked Gas Plan.
Make a short call to Gov. Roy Cooper today!
TAG YOUR POSTS: #StopDukeEnergy #ClimateEmergency
Governor Cooper is now criticising Duke Energy's plans to expand natural gas and unproven nuclear reactors. Read NC WARN's recent letters commending the Governor and urging him to take further action.
Duke Energy is the worst climate offender among U.S. electricity providers and wants to keep building dirty power plants.
Urgent Leadership Needed
- NC communities are already being devastated by worsening climate disasters.
- Scientists say new “natural” gas projects clash with climate protection. Methane emissions from gas operations are a major contributor to global warming.
- Duke Energy plans to build a huge amount of new gas-fired power generation (8,300 to 11,700 MW).
- Duke leaders plan to waste billions building transmission lines … using land seizures against farmers and low-income communities.
- Technology and economics strongly favor the steady replacement of coal- and gas-fired electricity with renewable power + storage.
- There is more than 2.5 times the available solar capacity on roofs, parking areas and vacant lots as needed to meet North Carolina’s decarbonization mandates.
- But Duke Energy is fighting to destroy competition from local solar-plus-storage.
40+ scientists urge Gov. Cooper to stop expanding fracked gas.
"Reducing emissions of methane ... this decade will slow global warming faster than any other mitigation strategy."